However, times were not always as easy for the Club. Following the depression of 1929, the Club suffered severe economic difficulties. Mechanics Bank founder Edward Downer Jr. and five other members purchased the mortgage and saved the Club from total ruin. During World War II the membership dropped to 100 members. The Southern Baptist church made substantial offers for the property, but after much consideration, the Club was able to retain their $10,000.00 a year lease. It was then that the name was changed to the Mira Vista Golf and Country Club.
The decades of the 1950's, 60's and 70's saw an increased interest in golf with the foreseeable result that clubs in general, and Mira Vista in particular, began to flourish once again. In 1980, the leasing members purchased the Club from its owners, making Mira Vista a private equity club once again. Enthusiasm for the club couldn’t have been greater. Shortly thereafter, the clubhouse was fully restored to its former grandeur. Considerable improvements were also made to the course, including new irrigation and drainage systems and a top-notch practice range, making the course even better than it was in 1920. In the spirit of Mira Vista, the club continues to be a great place to play golf with great people.